Welcome !

At the users of iGO8 all around the world, welcome on board !
You can find on this blog wallpaper pictures, colormaps, POI icons and skins to customize your favorite GPS navigator ...

Leave me all your remarks, questions or suggestions at :
artwork.igo8[@]gmail.com


iphone apple mac

New enhanced colormap !

I tried to improve the colormap of our favorite GPS soft !
because I find that the default colormap is not very realistic ...

I'd like to clarify that I have optimized the colormap for western europe , particularly the areas around the Alps. It may be that some colors are not very realistic for other countries ... if so, tell me, I can easily optimize it depending on your country if you give me the tendancy colors for each major altitude ...

At 0 meter altitude close to the beach ...
Old color without sand :-( on the left ... and nice new color on the right !


At 500 meters altitude in a nice green valley ...
Old color ... and new optimised color coresponding to the real nature !


At 1000 meters altitude ... mid-mountain
Old color seems desertic region ... while new color represents a beautiful fir-tree forest characteristic of this altitude !


At 2000 meters altitude ... high mountain and view of the valley ...
Old color without vegetation ... and nice new color more realistic !


Enjoy new dayheightcolormap.bmp for free !
To change the 3D colormap , just put the dayheightcolormap.bmp file in the folder ui_igo8/common

And my next work is to optimize this colormap for each season !
With a lot of snow on mountains for the winter and yellow-red-brun forests for the automn ...

Watch this blog regularly !

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good work for colormap .. thx

Anonymous said...

Hi buddy2007

Super work!
I'm using IGO8 on MIO P550 – release 29000.
Can you tell me please what to do with the file "dayheightcolormap" that I have download from your blog.

Thank you,
Baruch Altony

altony_b@walla.com

Anonymous said...

I know there are also these two:

nightheightcolormap.bmp
psyheightcolormap.bmp

Where can I find them? Thanks!

C&D said...

Yes, in the data.zip you have also nightheightcolormap.bmp, psyheightcolormap.bmp and navheightcolormap.bmp ... but I don't know what is the real usage of these files :-(
night is certainly for night navigation, but I think it's not necessary to change ... it's good enough , all is black !
and for the two others, I tried to make some changes but I haven't see any difference on the final result ... perhaps someone knows what are they do ?

Anonymous said...

I don't like to see all landscapes at night as completely black, I prefer to see them as under moonlight. Can you try to make a version of nightheightcolormap in grayscale dark? I'd like to identify landscapes also at night. Thanks!

C&D said...

Ok, I will try as soon as possible ...

Anonymous said...

Hi, which reslotuin must have my PDA to make your color working? I'm using a P350 Mio, can it works?
Tks.

Anonymous said...

Looks very nice and thanks for your hard work, unfortunely the link is broken. :(

C&D said...

@ anonymous :
The link works fine ... just click on dayheightcolormap.bmp to go on uploaded.to website, wait 10 sec en enjoy download the file ...




artwork-iGO8.blogspot.com is in no way affiliated with NavNGo Inc.

All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
skin skins iGO 8 iGO8 NavNGo NavNGo8 icon icons POI POIs wallpaper wallpapers background backgrounds map maps colormap colormaps voice voices speedcam warning My Way iGO2006 2006 2006+ portrait landscape 240 320 400 480 640 272 TomTom